Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Starburst Necklace (Water), Part 2

I'm still working on my Starburst Galaxy necklace kit in this color scheme inspired by water. 
I think I finished all of the stars I'm going to use in this piece. I wanted to make a nice sample of the different sizes, so the kits I'm going to assemble for my students will make all of the stars shown here. Still, I'm going to leave it up to the individual students to find their own drop beads. I'm also going to let them decide how they want to finish the back, or if they want to make a bracelet or earrings or what.

...which brings me to my next task, figuring out how to finish the back of this necklace... with a beaded cable, maybe? A metal chain, ribbon, or stringing beads? Oh the possibilities!

Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Wunderschön, erinnert mit wirklich an Sonne und Meer.
    LG Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like finishing with chain because it is FAST! It also allows you to make the necklace adjustable.

    I think finishing with a beaded rope of some sort is always beautiful and feels both rich and smooth against the neck, but is slow- mostly it is worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really have the right chain. So last night I started a cable of twisted cubic RAW. We will see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow einfach traumhaft schön

    LG Irene

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...