Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Infinite Skew Polyedra Pendant with CRAW

Last week I showed you a bunch of progress photos of this infinite polyhedron (4.4.4.8) and gave a little background on the mathematics I used to design this piece. I've since learned it's called the runcitruncated cubic honeycomb.
It's made with a variant of cubic right angle weave (CRAW) using cubes and octagonal prisms.  Since not all of the units are cubes and not all of the angles are right, I think it might better be described as prismatic weave or even better, a 3D angle weave. Just saying...
Anyway, this piece looks really different depending upon how you hold it.
Here you can see the back, with a tiny sterling silver tag that's stamped with my name nestled inside one of the squares.  You cannot see the tag from the front.
In case you're wondering what to do with such a thing, it's a pendant. Here you can see it hanging simply on a piece of cord.  You could also hang it from a nail in the wall and make it wall art.
It's for sale in my Etsy shop.  Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...